April 25, 2010
Race Day Commentary
We did it!
Finished the race just before the storms hit. Yea!
Here are some random musings and thoughts from the day:
- It was so much fun to have so many friends running the race this year including my beautiful sister!
- I missed Ashley… just not the same running without her.
- I started too fast. I was so excited about my pace the first several miles, but I totally blew myself out.
- Ignorance is bliss. I know the course too well after three years of running it. I psych myself out thinking about the parts of the race I don’t enjoy. Might be time to try a new 1/2 marathon somewhere else.
- I trained using the Galloway (run/walk) method this year. Not sure I’m a believer. I thought that I was pacing faster, but didn’t come close to beating my best time.
- My best 1/2 marathon was my first year (2008). I think the energy, excitement and unknown carried me through. I’m getting discouraged that I haven’t improved my time since then.
- I appreciate all the goodies that Publix gives away at the end of the race.
- The Powered by Hope team was amazing. Wish I had met my fundraising goal, but thrilled that I was able to train with this group and run for New Hope Academy.
- It was awesome to have my dad and my husband there to see me cross the finish line!
Did you run in the Country Music Marathon? What was the best part of the day for you?