Sunday Highights – Crazy Love Begins!
Crazy Love kicked off at Cross Point Nashville yesterday!
I have been so excited about this series. Over the next couple of weeks we are going to be talking about the vision of Cross Point and some exciting things that we believe God is calling us to as a church over the next year. Clear your calendars and be here the next couple of weeks!
Today’s message was “Crazy for God!” Here are the highlights I captured from Pete‘s message:
- Acts 2:42-47 – the scripture that Pete was reading and re-reading as God laid it on his heart to be in ministry.
- We don’t want Cross Point to just be an organization, we want it to be a revolution.
- John 13:35 – Jesus’ definition of spiritual maturity.
- Matthew 22:36-40 – Spiritual maturity is measured in the context of relationships.
- Jesus said it all comes down to LOVING God and LOVING others.
- At Cross Point we encourage each person to pursue three relationships: Intimacy with God, Community with Insiders (others in the church), and Influence with Outsiders (those who don’t yet know Christ).
- As a church, our goal is not growth, it’s health and we define health by the balance of these three relationships.
- Galatians 4:19 – Pete’s life verse/the core of his calling
- Hebrews 11:36-38 – notice that life for these believers was anything but safe and comfortable
- The opposite of Crazy Love is Civilized Love. For most of us, our faith is very civilized or calculated.
- We have to ask ourselves some tough questions like ‘Are we really doing what God has called us to?’
Pete’s message today has both personal and church-wide application. We’ll be sharing the church-wide application with you over the next couple of weeks, but I would like to challenge you with some questions to consider personally?
Are you playing it safe?
Do you know what God is REALLY calling you to do?
If yes, what are you waiting for?
If not, when are you going to get serious about asking him?
What do you need to do to live “Crazy for God”?