The Story of Audrey Caroline
Today at Cross Point we had the privilege to hear the story of Todd and Angie Smith and the amazing life of their daughter Audrey Caroline. Little Audrey only lived 2 1/2 hours outside of the womb, but the impact this precious baby is having through the sharing of her story by her parents is amazing. Todd and Angie shared their story in a video interview with Pete, and Todd sang the song “I Surrender All” to close the service. It was an amazingly emotional and powerful day. Thank you Todd and Angie for so graciously sharing your story amidst the pain of your loss. We have been honored!
If you were not able to attend today, I’ve included the video and the link to Audrey Caroline’s blog. Here are my take-aways from the day:
- Trust is not expecting things to happen the way you are hoping them to happen, but rather knowing that God is with you no matter what the road in front of you holds.
- The challenge of balancing the tension of planning for loss and hoping for miracles
- Rest in knowing that your Plan B is not a surprise to God
- We don’t control outcomes
- Trusting God doesn’t mean we understand it, get it or like it
- Do I interpret God through my circumstances?
- Do I believe that God is who He says He is?
The blog: http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com