Here are a couple of quick highlights from Pete‘s message today. For those of you who know Pete, his preferred method of communicating is one-on-one, so today he shared with us the things that he would say to you if he had the chance to sit down one-on-one over coffee and chat. I always love these messages because they are challenging, very inspiring and thought-provoking.
Ephesians 1:15-16 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
1. I PRAY THAT YOU WOULD OBEY GOD IN AN AREA OF YOUR LIFE THAT SCARES YOU TO DEATH.
2. I PRAY THAT YOU WILL LIVE WITH A SENSE OF JOY AND GRATITUDE IN YOUR LIFE.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
3. I PRAY YOU WILL USE YOUR GIFTS AND ABILITIES TO SERVE SOMEONE ELSE
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
4. I PRAY THAT WE DISCOVER THAT CHURCH IS NOT ABOUT US.
- We live with the disease of “taking it for granted”
- What could our church be like if we lived with a sense of gratitude?
- God designed the church to be the most powerful, persuasive organization on our planet.
- There is no domestic or foreign policy that can change a human heart.
- The world really needs a church that acts like Jesus… a church that is finding ways to serve people that are far from God.
Which one of these prayers or statements challenges you the most?