Living with a Cop
I realized today that there are some rather funny conversations that happen in our house because of my husband’s profession. He’s a detective with the metro police and let’s just say things can get interesting!
Quirks of living with a cop:
- “oh, that’s not a love handle, that’s your gun”
- your house is on 24/7 lock down
- you aren’t alarmed if your husband comes home injured (black-eye, bleeding, bruises, etc)
- you call your husband and he informs you that he’s in jail or in the hospital and you aren’t the least bit worried
- You appreciate his midnight phone call letting you know he’ll be late because he’s out with some prostitutes
- A ‘date’ night consists of talking through home burglary scenarios
- End of day conversations usually go something like this:
“How was your day?”
“Anything exciting happen today?”
“Nah, just a car chase that turned into a foot chase. Caught up with the dude and had to wrestle him to the ground to get him cuffed. Took him to jail and then I had to go to the hospital to get this gash above my eye looked at… just a few stitches. No big deal.”
What kind of crazy conversations happen in your house?