The Cross Point Nashville Picnic was today. I hope you were able to make it… lots of fun for all… a little hot, but still great!
Cross Point Dickson, your summer picnic is July 13th – make sure it’s on your calendar!
Pete continued the SYNC series today with “Syncing Through Scripture”
Here are the highlights:
- Matthew 12:33-35
- Most of us have grown up in environments that focused on external behaviors, on what you do. But in reality, transformation happens from the inside out.
- Jesus message was NOT about behavior modification
- In regard to my spiritual transformation, my job is to abide in Christ
- Spiritual transformation is not about behavior modification. Rather, it’s about internal renovation.
- We’re not just talking about your actions, we’re talking about your thoughts.
- Romans 12:2, 1 Corinthians 2:16, Philippians 2:5, 2 Corinthians 10:5, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Psalm 119:105, Lamentations 3:21
- There is a big difference from going through the Bible and letting the Bible go through you.
- The overwhelming majority of us don’t immerse ourselves in scripture.
- The Bible is an amazing text message – it is instant, relevant, personal information
- Don’t think about scripture in a ‘homework’ kind of way!
- If you want authentic transformation in your life, it’s not going to happen sitting around watching T.V.
- The Bible is NOT a book about laws and limitations, it’s a book about life.
How can I pray for you this week as you SYNC with God?