I’m about tired of syncing! It’s hard work! 🙂
Today Pete talked about “Syncing Through Perseverance”.
- He made the important distinction between perseverance and suffering. Suffering is what happens to you, perseverance is how you choose to respond to it.
- Suffering reminds me that I’m not in control of my life.
- You don’t have to choose suffering. Life will arrange that for you. You choose how you will respond to it.
- The cross reminds us that God doesn’t stand apart from our suffering. The cross is also a reminder that God doesn’t always step in or answer our prayers the way we want them answered. But it’s also a reminder He redeems.
- Suffering alone doesn’t create perseverance. Suffering lived out with faith is perseverance.
We finished the service with the amazing song “Healer”, challenging us to acknowledge God as our healer – the healer of whatever we are facing in our life – the healer of our hearts, the healer of our hurts, the healer of our sickness…
Thanks Brewster for introducing this one to us!
This is the performance of the song by the original artist – powerful!