It was a really moving day at Cross Point Nashville today. I have been looking forward to today’s messaging “Syncing Through Worship” since we started this series.
Today we did a combination of extra music, teaching all on video, and communion as part our worship experience.
Here’s what the script looked like:
“Blessed be Your Name”
“Awesome is Our God” (an original written by Jarrod)
Welcome by Pete
Video 1 featuring Pete talking about the discipline of worship
“From the Inside Out” (my favorite worship song!)
“Our God Reigns”
Video 2 featuring Pete – continued teaching on the worship
Communion led by Pastor Tom
Special Music “How He Loves” performed by Marcia Ramirez
Here are a few things that Pete said that stuck with me:
- From John 15 “apart from me, you can do nothing”
- When we think worship, we think music/songs, but worship can be so much more than that
- You have to make a choice to build your life around this method of worship
- Worship is allowing your mind to be brought into the presence of the reality of God
- The cross is the best model of worship we have. It’s the most incredible act of worship
- Jesus last words were a prayer of worship
- For every act of worship, there is always an act of surrender/sacrifice
What will you do to purposefully worship this week?