Today at Cross Point Nashville we started it… the Baggage series..
and I’m not gonna lie… this one is loaded… it’s gonna be a bit painful, but oh so redemptive if we’ll engage.
The Baggage series is about our relational baggage. It’s the relational junk we carry, oftentimes without even realizing it… things like unforgiveness, jealousy, anger, pride, poor self-esteem, fear.
Sounds like fun, huh?
Here are some notes from Pete‘s message today “Examining the Baggage”:
- the way we relate to each other is reflective of God himself
- everything God creates is connected; He is a relational being
- your baggage keeps you from reconciling
- it’s God’s desire for you to find freedom
- you need a safe place to confront the truth in your life
- we wear masks of normalcy
- we are all about image management; the church is the place we do this the best, when it should be the place where we take off our masks
- who are you doing life with?
- oftentimes we surround ourselves with friends who give us comfort, rather than truth
- we have been called to be grace-givers AND truth-tellers
- your relationships will determine the success of your life
Pete finished by challenging us to do two things over the next 5 weeks:
- Be honest
- Be open
So let me challenge you to join us for the rest of this series. Again, I’m pretty sure it will be painful as we dig through the baggage in our lives and seek God’s plan for healthy relationships, but I guarantee it will be worth it.
Hope to see you next Sunday!