Today at Cross Point Nashville we started it… the Baggage series..
and I’m not gonna lie… this one is loaded… it’s gonna be a bit painful, but oh so redemptive if we’ll engage.
The Baggage series is about our relational baggage. It’s the relational junk we carry, oftentimes without even realizing it… things like unforgiveness, jealousy, anger, pride, poor self-esteem, fear.
Sounds like fun, huh?
Here are some notes from Pete‘s message today “Examining the Baggage”:
- the way we relate to each other is reflective of God himself
- everything God creates is connected; He is a relational being
- your baggage keeps you from reconciling
- it’s God’s desire for you to find freedom
- you need a safe place to confront the truth in your life
- we wear masks of normalcy
- we are all about image management; the church is the place we do this the best, when it should be the place where we take off our masks
- who are you doing life with?
- oftentimes we surround ourselves with friends who give us comfort, rather than truth
- we have been called to be grace-givers AND truth-tellers
- your relationships will determine the success of your life
Pete finished by challenging us to do two things over the next 5 weeks:
- Be honest
- Be open
So let me challenge you to join us for the rest of this series. Again, I’m pretty sure it will be painful as we dig through the baggage in our lives and seek God’s plan for healthy relationships, but I guarantee it will be worth it.
Hope to see you next Sunday!
I can’t wait to hear this series on your website. I just got done listening to the whole series of sync and was totally blown away.
(yeah I’m slowly catching up, but there are many different series to listen too)
I can just imagine what “baggage” he will touch on and what God will touch me about.
Be honest and open…
This series is so NOT for the “plastic Ken and Barbie” christians eh?
I’m REALLY looking forward to this series, we should all DEFINITELY benefit from this one!
I saw you earlier this morning…a couple of times. You are just so popular, and I didn’t want to be rude and interrupt your conversations. I think I’m reverting back to the 6pm service, though, the 8:30 is WAY too early for me!! 😀
oh boy. here we go! this is gonna leave a mark…
but so worth it!
Digging through and pulling out our baggage is sooooo painful, yet so necessary to our healing and being able to be whole. Otherwise we really do just go through life crippled. Never operating at peak performance. We did a similar study recently with our small group. It was awesome!
Nice Blog you have..I want to see more of the series..
Reminds me of something I read once that there is an organ in the human body of that is correct all else will be correct. Namely the heart which is where the hidden sins live. IE Pride conceit, jealousy, anger, hatred, Ostentation etc.
May God rip out of our souls all evil n bad character and replace it with Good character . May he Make us as beautiful as the moon as fragrant as the most beautiful rose and as happy as the mose melodious nightingale.
mad lover of God.