Today’s Baggage: Taming the Tongue
This message was really powerful for me today because I usually pride myself in refraining for speaking out before thinking. (Um… notice that I said “PRIDE myself”… yeah one of the other baggage issues… ugghh!) Anyway, although my words may be fewer than some, when I do unload it can be pretty painful.
Here are a few scriptures for you to look at and some key points from Pete‘s message today:
- We all have a weapon which can be life or death of the soul – our mouth.
- Proverbs 18:21
- James 3:2-8
- Matthew 12:34
- It’s not a mouth problem, it’s a heart problem. Whatever is going on in my heart is eventually going to come out of my mouth.
- God has designed the human soul in such a way that your words will either destroy or build up one another.
- No matter how well put together someone looks, they need healing.
- Your words can bring healing to another person if you use them wisely.
We ended today’s message with John Mayer’s song “Say.” Powerful!
What do the people in your life need to hear you say? SAY IT! And then tell us about it.