Oh yeah, we tackled the big one today at Cross Point Nashville – FEAR OF FINANCES!
- You’ll be fearful if you try to trust it (money).
- The more you have, the easier it is to lean on it, to trust it.
- A financial crisis is a reminder that you’re not secure and not in control.
- You’ll be fearful if you think you own it (money).
- God doesn’t want your stuff, he wants to make sure your stuff doesn’t have you. (quote from Andy Stanley)
- Your money is not your money.
- When the economy struggles, the affluent are inconvenienced but he poor are crushed.
- This is a moment for Christians to lead by taking less and giving more.
This last statement hit me the hardest today. How can I as a Christian lead and influence others that are scared by our present economic conditions? How can I give more? How can I love others better? How can I set an example not to fear but to trust God?
“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”
What’s your response to this scripture? What’s your level of trust in God to provide?
PS – Mark you calendars for a ReThink Money Live on February 21st. Casey will be back (at both campuses) to lead us through a day of training and coaching in regard to our personal finances. I’ll share more details soon.