It was a great Sunday at Cross Point today! Pete talked about Seeking God first. Ouch! Ouch! This one will convict you.
Here’s my notes:
Matthew 6:33-34 “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
- We spend so much of our life putting off spending time on what matters most.
- “You think He’s a great Savior, but not a great role model.” Francis Chan
Seek First God’s Kingdom:
1) Time with God
- Be still and know God. You need to find space, reduce the noise and know He is God.
- Mark 1:35
- 1 John 2:6
2) Community with others
- Life truly is about people
- Are you willing to carve out the time to build into others?
3) Serving with passion
- How many times do we miss important moments with others because we’re more concerned with our wants?
- Develop the gifts & abilities that God has given you and serve!
4) ? – What’s missing in your life?
- You’re never going to be able to cram the values of God into your life.
- Do you really believe what Jesus said? Seek first.
- Do you believe it enough to do it?
These are the kind of messages I hate because I know this stuff and yet I don’t do it. I don’t seek God first.
I was especially challenge by #4. What is missing in my life? For me, it’s solitude. The noise and busyness of life crowds out the ability to seek God and hear from him. This is something that I’m committed to.
How about you? What’s your #4?
I am missing community – small group. I live in Ashland City, and attend CP. I am half way between Dickson – Nashville, and do to the economic times wish there was a small group closer. Has anyone ever thought of an interactive web based, conference call type small group? Many of us our on FAce Book, what a wonderful way to connect.
Misspelled word, should by due.