Cross Point Nashville launched the new series Hope Now today.
I can’t imagine a time when the need for hope wasn’t more appropriate. From job losses, to 401K’s bottoming out, to tornadoes and earthquakes, to sickness and scarcity. A little bit of hope is welcomed in the midst of some pretty gloomy headlines.
Here are a few quotes from Pete‘s message today:
“Waiting on Hope”
- John 11:1-21, 43-45 – the story of Lazarus
- There is an undeniable relationship between crisis and hope
- Waiting is so hard because we are all “quick-aholics”
- Like Martha in John 11:21, we don’t doubt God’s power, we doubt his timing
- God will allow suffering, pain, and unexpected crisis in order to detach hope from other things and attach it to Himself.
- When you are waiting you are allowing your hope to grow.
- Intimacy with God is forged while we are waiting.
- If you are honest, you don’t really want God. You want what you think God can give you.
- God wants more than anything else for you to find your hope in him.
- True hope develops when you accept God’s power and timing.
I HOPE you’ll make plans to join us for the rest of the series.