I GET To Do This!
It’s nearly 10:00 PM. I’ve been home just long enough to wash my face, put on comfy clothes and crash on the couch. I’ve been going since 6:00 AM this morning.
But in spite of a a very long, full day, today was one of those days where I was reminded of how blessed I am to GET to do what I do.
- Watched dozens of volunteers love and serve kids at Collidescope. Many of these volunteers took vacation time from work to commit their week to this – simply unbelievable!
- Met with our Treasurer (another volunteer) for lunch to review our financial systems, processes and operating procedures. I’m so thankful for the wisdom and counsel of people like this who help me manage the business of the church with the utmost integrity.
- Talked to another Pastor on the phone to hear about what God is doing in his church and community.
- Met with a friend who is considering going into ministry and has a tremendous heart to serve God in an even greater capacity.
- Talked with another friend and former co-worker who feels drawn to get more deeply involved at church.
- Met with a group of individuals who will be the core team that launches our North Campus. It was so inspiring to feel the energy grow as we discussed plans and dreams for reaching the communities North of Nashville with the hope of the Gospel.
Yes, today I was reminded that I am blessed to get to do what I do. I pray that I don’t take these days for granted.