It was picnic day at both of our campuses today. Here are some pictures of me and my sis playing corn hole. For those of you who have seen my first corn hole debacle… I’ve improved. I promise! There were witnesses. 🙂
Now, on a much more spiritual note...
Pete‘s message at the Nashville campus was fabulous today. Here are my highlights.
“Why Does Life NOT Turn Out the Way I Thought it Would?”
- We all want to live a safe, happy, self-indulgent life. That’s human nature and we’ve created a dangerous theology that supports an ego-driven, materialistic, self-centered life.
- We have bought into a false assumption that somewhere God promised us that as long as we live a good life, we will be blessed.
- We need to create a theology that supports the realities of life.
- Matthew 11:1-6
- Scripture never promises that life is going to be easy.
- 2 Corinthians 1:5, Colossians 1:24, 1 Thessalonians 3:2-4, Hebrews 11:36-38
- Mark 14:32-36 – Even Jesus asks God if there is another way other than the suffering that was in front of him.
- Have you ever had a moment where God didn’t show up the way you thought God would show up?
- It’s not about you. It’s about Jesus Christ.
- You’ve got to wrestle with this question: Do you think God is cruel by nature? Do you think God is trying to punish you?
- If things are falling apart, you immediately ask “what have I done wrong?”
- Some of us are running from God because we think He’s out to get us.
- Do you trust God?
- Can you trust Him when all goes wrong?
I encourage you to go and listen on-line. (My notes never do the message justice.)
Where are you running from God? Are you willing to trust Him, really trust Him with your life… come what may?