Week 2 of DNA by Pete Wilson
Luke 6:12-16 – Jesus chooses his 12 disciples
Matthew 22:37-39 – Love God, Love People
You don’t have to be the smartest, you don’t have to be the prettiest, but you need to be the most loving.
When people think about the church, do they automatically think love? That’s what Jesus said he wanted it to be about.
Jesus’ “House Rules”
- He loved, embraced and accepted anybody
- Luke 15:2
- This will never be the DNA of our church if it’s not the DNA of your life.
- We’re all standing on level ground.
- Do you really live out the understanding of this?
- Matthew 7:1
- We tell people to bring their Bible, but not their problems. We haven’t created environments where people feel comfortable enough to share their problems.
- This is what sets Christian community apart
- The church creates environments where we help people see who they can become
- Who is the one person in your life you’ve given up on? Someone you don’t think God can break through to?
We’re all living by grace.
This is our strategy. This is what happens when we become a community immersed in Jesus Christ.
Everybody’s Welcome. Nobody’s Perfect. Anything’s Possible.
Are you in?
Pete had a really great point about what people think of when they think of churches. As much as we may want to blame the secular media or outside forces for the impression on most folks we have to accept that we gave them ample reasons to feel the way they do when “love” isn’t the first thing on their mind.
Thank God for grace.