Happy Birthday Sara!
Today Sara turns 34.
Sara was my best friend growing up. We met the first day of first grade and developed a bond that lasted into high school…
And then I moved away.
And I haven’t talked to her since.
I think of Sara every year on this date.
- sleepovers with lots of laughs, good movies & great books
- dressing up as The Wright Brothers for our 4th grade history presentation
- Sara punching a boy on the playground because he made fun of me (I should mention the boy cried)
- double-dutch contests
- Sara was the first person to get me to pick up a tennis racket and recruited me to the varsity team
- the tragic loss of Sara’s older brother in a car accident in high school
Sara had a marked influence on my life and I miss her.
I’m sure she’s gone on to do something amazing. She’s insanely intelligent, gentle and humble.
I’m making a point to track her down. She isn’t on Facebook, Twitter or other social media that I know of. That doesn’t surprise me, though. Sara was always very practical and focused. She’s probably too busy changing the world!
So today, in honor of Sara…
I challenge you to remember someone in your life who had a marked influence on you, track them down and tell them what they mean to you!
I have a friend just like that, her name is Jennifer. I miss her deeply.
I need to seek her out too.
Love this post. I have 2 friends from growing up whose birthday is March 23 and every year on that day I think of them…