Friday Fun – Afternoon Snack
It’s Friday! My “fun” day.
I’m thrilled to be home today with few scheduled obligations. It’s been a very busy week and I have another busy week ahead, so today will be a day of catching up and planning ahead.
- We just got back last night from The Uprising Conference at Quest Community Church. I was super impressed by the generosity and hospitality of the Quest staff and volunteers. More on that experience to come in a later post.
- One week until I run the 2010 Country Music 1/2 Marathon. I think I’m ready! I’m raising money this year for a great cause. Will you consider sponsoring me?
- I’m prepping for a couple of break-out sessions that I’m leading for Faith Promise Church‘s staff retreat. I’m so honored to be able to serve their team in this way. The leadership of Faith Promise are absolutely amazing. You should get to know these two guys in particular.
- I’m begging my husband to take me to Chuy’s for dinner tonight… still haven’t been
- Oh, and have you seen my garden? Yes, this is a working girl’s, suburban-style garden, but my tomato plants already have some blossoms!!
And here’s a totally random musing for my Friday fun!
Growing up I couldn’t wait to get home and have a snack. I’ve always liked to eat. Remember my motto, “I run for treats”.
We were latch-key kids most of our growing up years so I remember hurrying home and scouring the cupboards for a snack. It was rarely healthy and more often just strange, but nevertheless I NEEDED a snack when I got home.
Funny thing is, I still do that to this day! Whenever I come home I go straight to the pantry. It could be granola, it could be dry cereal, it could be some chips. It’s usually something crunchy… and I eat it straight out of the box (GASP!).
Yes, this is my little indulgence from childhood that has stuck with me. I suspect it will never go away.
How about you? Do you have a childhood habit that you’ve carried with you into adulthood?