There were never such devoted sisters,
Never had to have a chaperone, no sir,
I’m there to keep my eye on her
Every little thing that we are wearing
When a certain gentleman arrived from rome
She wore the dress, and I stayed home
All kinds of weather, we stick together
The same in the rain and sun
Two different faces, but in tight places
We think and we act as one
Those who’ve seen us
Know that not a thing could come between us
** Lyrics from Irving Berlin’s “Sisters, Sisters”
For the next couple of days I’m hanging out with my little sis at the beach. This time together is so therapeutic (at least for me… I hope for her too.) I’m pretty sure that no one else on earth knows me quite as well as Jes does. There is just something about a sister bond that can’t be replaced. She’s known me her entire life and she still willingly hangs out with me!!
So while I’m feeling a little sentimental, here are some of my favorite memories that we’ve shared:
- Scrounging the couch cushions for enough change to buy each of us an ice cream cone. We’d then hop on our bikes and ride across town to our favorite ice cream shop.
- Watching Samford & Son together. Seriously, she LOVED that show.
- Me yelling at her to come back home when she packed her suitcase and decided to “runaway” on my watch.
- Convincing her to do a crazy jump on her bike that landed her flat on her face (I still don’t think she’s completely forgiven me for that one.)
- Spending precious moments with her on my wedding day while she did my hair and makeup before I walked down the aisle.
- Welcoming her through my front door when she moved to Nashville.
Hoping we make another great memory this week!
Do you have a favorite memory that you’ve shared with one of your siblings. Share it!