The Obligatory Thanksgiving Post
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
I know it’s kind of a given that I write some kind of Thanksgiving post, so here’s what’s on my mind as we celebrate this year:
- I really think it’s sacrilegious to eat Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant. Home-cooked traditional Thanksgiving dinner is the only way to go.
- I can’t eat my turkey in peace unless I’ve run 5 miles Thanksgiving morning. (Remember my motto: “I run for treats”)
- Pumpkin pie kind of freaks me out (texture issues) but pecan pie is amazing! Btw, I had never tasted pecan pie until I moved to the south!
- I’m more aware than ever of how ungrateful I can be.
- Being grateful doesn’t mean that everything goes your way.
- The things we should be the most grateful for are also the things we take the most for granted.
- Gratefulness and entitlement are big enemies that are constantly competing for your heart.
I want gratefulness to be much more than a day of my life, but to do that I have to be purposefully grateful. I have to find the blessing in the little things (like pecan pie) and find ways to connect myself with the reminders of how very blessed that I am.
Like for instance, the fact that I write. You read. We discuss. And we create friendships that I wouldn’t otherwise have.
I’m so grateful for each of you!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
For fun: Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie?