Travel Wows & Woes
I LOVE to travel.
I HATE to travel.
Yes. I really do… both.
My travel loves:
- Exploring new cities – I love going to places I’ve never been before. I love finding my way around a new city and I especially love putting on my running shoes and exploring on foot.
- Hotel rooms all to myself – My introvert thrives in a quiet hotel room with just me, my computer, a journal and some good books.
- A break from the ordinary – I love that traveling breaks up the monotony of the usual routine. I’m a creature of habit who ordinarily loves my routine, but even my predictable self likes the change of pace that comes with travel.
My travel hates:
- Packing – You would think I would have this figured out by now. I’ve been packing a suitcase since I was five years old and shuffling between divorced parents on the weekends. I always over-pack and yet somehow still manage to forget the one item that I really need.
- Airport smells – Have you ever noticed that the airport has a very distinct smell? It gives me a headache and makes me tired.
- Things that are out of my control – there is so much that can’t be controlled… long lines at the airport, traffic delays if you’re driving, the screaming child in the seat in front of me on a 4-hour flight, etc. Sometimes you just can’t control it all.
So tell me…
Travel – do you love it or hate it?
What do you love?
What do you hate?
Travel Wows & Woes | Jenni Catron…
Here at World Spinner we are debating the same thing……
I am like you, Jenni. There are parts of traveling that I absolutely love and there are parts I absolutely hate. I love going to new places, seeing the sites, tasting the food, trying to capture all I am experiencing into photos. I love being able to explore new places with those who I am closest to. I love the time I have to be able to catch up on reading. I hate the staying in hotels and having to eat out the whole time.