Friday Favorite Things
A few of my favorite things this week…
- Teeth cleaning today. Really, I love it!
- An inbox full of banter between our India team who are preparing to leave Wednesday. Say some prayers for us!
- World Book Night! Okay, pause here for a moment because this is super cool. I read about it on Margaret‘s blog yesterday.
“World Book Night is an annual celebration designed to spread a love of reading and books. To be held in the U.S. as well as the U.K. and Ireland on April 23, 2012. It will see tens of thousands of people go out into their communities to spread the joy and love of reading by giving out free World Book Night paperbacks.” You can apply here to be one of the thousands who give out free books! Margaret made the great suggestion of adding a few Bibles to the stack and giving those away too.
- I just learned about a new FREE online event for preachers and communicators – “Preach Better Sermons” is March 15th. You and your team should check it out!
- Lively discussion at churchleaders.com over my article “The Church’s Next Great Crisis”. I stirred it up a bit – yikes!
- Favorite new-to-me show this week: Parenthood
- Favorite treat this week: Keebler Frosted Animal Cookies (love them but they are so bad!)
- Favorite meeting this week: Our Franklin Campus launch meeting
- Favorite scripture this week: Philippians 1:6 & 9
“There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. So this is my prayer; that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well.”
What has been one of your favorite things this week?