Love In Another Language
Happy Valentine’s Day!
While most of you are just beginning the day, mine is drawing to close over here in Kolkata, India.
What a unique way to spend Valentine’s Day.
Today love was…
- Grasping the frail hand of an elderly woman at Prem Dan, the Missionaries of Charity hospital for tuberculosis patients, and gently massaging lotion into her dry, crackled flesh. My heart ached with compassion as I prayed over this beautiful child of God.
- Listening to Susanna (one of our team members) sweetly sing to another patient who had been crying out in pain the entire time that we were there. As Susanna sang and gently massaged her aching limbs, a peace and calm came over the woman. Few things have ever brought me to tears more quickly.
- Playing with the children at the Missionaries of Charity orphanage. With each giant hug and every persistent request to swing, climb, run and jump our team showered these precious ones with love.
- Our team walking the streets of the Red Light District earnestly praying for all that we observed in this alley where love is so tragically counterfeited.
- Spending the day with our great team who have all sacrificed to be 1/2 a world away from their loved ones to serve others. They have been love this week!
“We can do no great things;
only small things with great love.”
Much love to you all!