Book Giveaway Day!
SORRY… THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. Nicole was kind enough to offer us another book to giveaway since so many of you commented! The two winners selected by random.org were Pam Bakker and Lesley Miller. Congrats ladies!
I’m so excited that my dear friend Nicole Unice is releasing her new book!
I met Nicole a few years ago at the Catalyst Conf in Atlanta. We coordinated our schedules to meet up during a break. That 10 minute intention turned into a long conversation as we camped out on the concrete steps of the arena and shared our dreams and passions. One of hers was the birth of this book. I’m so proud of the journey she’s taken to share her heart and encourage women!
Nicole has contagious energy and infectious passion that is evident as you read She’s Got Issues: Seriously Good News for Stressed-Out, Secretly Scared Control Freaks Like Us. She’ll kick you in the pants and have you laughing in the same breath.
Here are a few quotes that got my attention:
- Every woman becomes either beautiful or bitter by the time she’s forty. Women either face their stuff or they don’t.
- Fear and pride are often the deeper motivators behind our control issues.
- Pride disguises itself as common sense and knowledge and hard work.
- The lie of your independence has left you lacking.
- As you give up your own control to manage life and others, you will discover that God gives you incredible influence.
- Insecurity is the recognition of an area of vulnerability, the general sense of dis-ease in one’s own skin. Insecurity reveals those places where we feel exposed and inadequate.
- There is nothing that keeps us from living in freedom like the soul vacuum of self-focus.
- Comparisons become an escape, a way to avoid embracing the reality of our lives and of ourselves – just as they are.
- There’s nothing like comparison to keep us distracted from our own gifts.
- Acting on anxiety looks like a brooding thought life, a worrisome way of dealing with relationships, and a lack of vulnerability and openness with others.
- Resentment is closely related to the issue of control and often causes us to act out in manipulative ways.
- Almost every reason we get angry has to do with ourselves.
Ok, I realize that after I typed all of those that they’re pretty intense! These were the statements that startled me and got my attention. The beauty of Nicole’s book is that although she’s not afraid to tell you the truth about you, she also doesn’t hold back in telling you the truth about the hope we have in Christ to overcome our issues. That’s the “seriously good news” she shares.
And here’s my good news…
I’ve got a copy of She’s Got Issues to giveaway!
Just leave a comment telling me why you want to read this book and I’ll pick a winner this Sunday, April 29th!