Patrick Lencioni: Session 5 – The Leadership Summit
Patrick Lencioni – Founder and President,The Table Group; Best Selling Author
? A leading organizational consulting firm, The Table Group advises clients with ideas, products and services to improve teamwork, clarity, employee engagement and overall organizational health
? Author of ten business books with nearly three million copies sold, including The Five Dysfunctions of a Team which, after ten years in print, continues to be a weekly fixture on national best-seller lists
? Named by Fortune Magazine as one of “The Gurus You Should Know” and by The Wall Street Journal as one of America’s “Most Sought-After Business Speakers”
His upcoming book, The Advantage, explores the significance of organizational health and why it trumps everything else in business
Organizational health is the single greatest competitive advantage in business. It is virtually free and accessible to any leader who wants it, and yet it remains untapped in most organizations.
It remains untapped because too many leaders think its beneath them.
Two Requirements for Success:
1) Smart – finances, strategy, marketing, technology
2) Healthy – minimal politics , minimal confusion, high morale, high productivity, low turnover
Four Disciplines of a Healthy Organization
1) Build a cohesive leadership team (behaviorly aligned)
2) Create clarity (intellectually aligned)
Six Critical Questions for Clarity
- Why do we exist?
- How do we behave? (Core values – A core value is something that you’re willing to be punished for. To violate a core value is to sell your soul.)
- What do we do?
- How will we succeed? (Strategy – the myriad of intentional decisions that differentiate you from your competitors)
- What is most important, right now?
- Who must do what?
3) Over-communicate clarity
If your people can’t do a good impression of you when you’re gone, you’re not communicating enough.
4) Reinforce clarity
I simply love Patrick! His energy and passion are so motivating. His principles are far and away some of the most applicable principles to ministry of any business leader I’ve studied. His principles are birthed from heart and a passion for people. If you’re a church leader, you need to read and study Patrick’s books. Apply the concepts and principles and I promise you’ll bring clarity and purpose to your team.