Catron House Wars – The Rebuttal
This weekend I posted an edition of Catron House Wars discussing our grocery shopping habits. My sweet husband wrote a rebuttal that I thought was only fair to post.
Well, well, well…I see that my wife has taken advantage of the fact that I don’t always read all her blog postings to slide in a point about our differing philosophies regarding grocery purchasing. I would like to respond to this post by offering the following questions…
1. Have you ever been to the store to buy a particular food item and they were out of it?
2. Have you ever gone to the pantry to start a meal only to find you were out of something you needed?
3. Do you have a favorite brand or type of food that you suddenly couldn’t find in the store anymore?
4. Have you ever been to Walmart on Charlotte Pike and, if so, do you prefer going there more often?
5. If something you use is on sale, won’t you save money by buying more of it then rather than later when it’s not? (This applies to consumable items only – NOT SHOES)
6. If you’re going to use it, why not have it?
By the way, I like pinto beans. They keep a long time and if I want some right now, I know there will be some in there.
And another thing…if any of you who are more like my frugal wife (who would go to the store and buy half a celery stalk if that’s all that was needed) should suddenly show up at our house one day, destitute, and in need of a meal, guess what…I’ll have enough pinto beans to share some with you.
So, will you be prepared to help others in their time of need? WWJD? He’d have the beans…
I’ll admit, he makes some good points… and he’s pretty entertaining too (except for the shoe comment).
Think I should let him post more often?