The new year comes roaring in and before I know it all my well-intentioned plans are sidelined. As February begins I wonder what happened to my commitment to breathe deeper, to revel in scripture more, to Sabbath well and sit with God more frequently. It happens E V E R Y year.
For the last several years I have joined Margaret Feinberg in the #LentChallenge and I’m excited to partner with her again this year. The #LentChallenge is a wonderful way to immerse yourself in scripture.
We will launch into this #LentChallenge on Wednesday, February 18th, wrapping up on Easter (April 5th). Our hope and prayer is that at the end of the next 40 days, you’ll be so spiritually full, you’ll never want to live on empty again.
What You Need:
- A copy of the FREE Lent Challenge: 40 Day New Testament Reading Guide PDF download. Or subscribe to the YouVersion reading guide for the #LentChallenge, here.
- The Bible in your favorite translation.
- A prayerful heart—ready and expectant for what God has to teach you in the next 40 days.
Here’s how it works:
- Carve out 10-15 minutes to read the Bible each day. The Gospels contain 89 chapters. That means reading the Bible in 40 days requires reading about 2.2 chapters per day. About 10-15 minutes a day for forty days—and you’ll journey through the Gospels.
- Before you read each day, begin with the prayer: “As I read today, Lord, reveal that which I most need to hear but least want to hear.” Be alert to what God reveals.
- Invite someone to join you. No matter what challenge or goal you set, it’s always easier when you have someone to cheer you on, hold you accountable, and adventure alongside of you. Ask your small group, Men’s or Women’s Bible study, congregation, neighbor, co-worker, in-law, or spouse to join you! Invite non-believers to learn more about Jesus.
- Share what you’re learning during these 40 days on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or your own blog using the hashtag: #LentChallenge.
- If you miss a day, pick up where you left off. No guilt. No shame. Pick up wherever we are, don’t worry about catching up. Just more Jesus every day.
I hope you’ll join us!